Legal Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions (Terms), we, us and our means GetSet Consulting Inc and you, your, mentee and user means the person who uses a device to access the services through the GetSet website. These terms govern your access and use of GetSet’s website and our services.
- Keep a copy of the Terms. You can print or save these terms using the print or save function in your browser. We can also provide a link to these terms to the email address you have provided during registration, if required.
- No changes to other agreements. Unless expressly provided otherwise herein, these terms do not replace any other agreement you may have with us (now or in the future), including any consent or preference regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. All the terms of your other agreements with us continue to apply.
- Termination and Terms: As a user, you are fee to close your account anytime as we do not have a subscription-based payment model with any of our services today. We recommend completing all the sessions you have paid for with any mentor before closing your account. We do not refund any session if you have decided to close the account without completing it.
- Voluntary Participation and usage: Your use of a device to access our services through the website is voluntary. If you choose to use your device to access our services on GetSet, you warrant that you are the legal owner of your device. We do not hold any responsibility for any conflicts relating to device ownership or security in the future.
Language and Communication: Language used on our website, documents, by our mentors on our digital mentorship platform and by GetSet to deliver our services directly or through any third-party services will be English. You and we have expressly requested that these Terms and all related documents, including notices, be drawn up in the English language.
La langue utilisée sur notre site Web, les documents, par nos mentors sur notre plateforme de mentorat numérique et par GetSet pour fournir nos services directement ou par le biais de services tiers sera l'anglais. Vous et nous avons expressément demandé que cette entente et tout document y afférent, y compris tout avis, soient rédigés en langue anglaise. (Quebec only / Québec seulement).
- Governing Law: These Terms are entered and governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You and we agree that the Ontario courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over each of us for the determination of any matters arising out of these Terms.
Third-party Service providers: GetSet, to deliver our services at their best, will onboard and will partner with third-party service providers in future to help assist our users to obtain the information they need relating to moving to Canada or their settlement in the country. We promised to only disclose your basic level information including your name, phone, email, address, zoom ID, LinkedIn profile, date of birth, current country/ country of origin etc. to help our third party service providers facilitate the service you need as a new comers or a prospective immigrant.
In-case we require additional information to process your requested service with any of our third-party service provider, GetSet through our customer experience experts will reach out through one or all the contact information provided by the user during the registration, only and when needed.
We do not recommend any direct connect with any of our third-party service providers as we cannot guarantee the quality or validity, we promised you through establishing connects and consuming their services through us.
Mentee-Terms and Conditions
Under these terms, the services mean any free or paid features, functionalities, content and information provided by GetSet Consulting Incto our users and includes any services that may be provided by our associated service providers or authorizedthird party services to our users.
The services currently available through GetSet Consulting Incinclude:
- Webchat feature: You can use our webchat feature for your assistance while browsing through the website. Unfortunately, we do not guarantee an agent availability 24X7. If an agent is unavailable to attend, you can leave an offline message and one of our customer experience experts will connect back with in 1-2 business days.
Digital mentorship: You will be able to connect with our verified expert mentors via video conferencing facilitated through our zoom plug in. Mentors can be chosen according to your field of interest or other preferences. To have a successful connect, our website recommends downloading the latest version of zoom on your device/browser to enjoy hassle-free 1-1 videoconferencing with our mentors.Please note that our mentors hold the right to set their availability on theircalendars and the availability may vary from one mentor to the other. We neither guarantee the availability of a mentor at a given time nor the control over his calendar. When you select a Mentor, you may request areas that you wish a Mentor to focus on – this is a guide only. The Mentor makes no guarantee that they can or will focus on these areas.You are solely responsible for all equipment necessary to access and use the website and services and to receive Mentoring services.You will not record or otherwise store any Mentoring sessions that you receive.
- Mentorship sessions
- Duration: Each session will last up to a maximum of 30 mins and there is no option provided to extend a meeting. This is to ensure that every user gets equal time with the mentor of their preference. If you wish to book more time with a preferred mentor, we recommend requesting the mentor for his next availability while you are already connected or through the booking option on the webpage and planning your next session accordingly. You may book multiple 30 mins sessions according to the mentor’s availability shown on their profile. We do not guarantee a mentor or their availability to any user.
- Payments & Pricing: You will pay a fee set by GetSet Consulting Inc while booking your 30 mins session with a mentor on our platform. This booking fee can also vary depending on promotions or fee revisions in future which will be communicated on the website or through emails sent out toall subscribers.
- The price specified for the Mentor will be inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST) (if applicable) and our Service Fee for use of the Website and Online Platform.
- Only the registered Mentee is contracted to attend Mentor Sessions with the Mentor, no third parties are to attend the Mentor Sessions.
- The prices for Mentor Sessions or other fees and charges, displayed on the Website are in currency of Canada, and are current at the time of display, but may be subject to change from time to time.
- We only accept payments from Mentees via Stripe.
- Mentor Sessions are only purchased once full payment has been received fromthe mentee by us.
- We current do not offer any subscription-based services on our website. In-case there is an addition of a subscription-based services, GetSet consulting will communicate the updated terms through our website or email newsletters to registered subscribers.
Mentees can access the invoices of any booked sessions in the ‘Purchase History’ tab under their profile.
- Zoom API for Mentorship Sessions:
As GetSet’s digital mentorship platform uses a browser-based Zoom Meeting API to facilitate mentorship sessions, it is mandatory for Mentees to use Google Chrome to join and execute a mentorship session successfully as Zoom Meetings do not support any browsers other than Google Chrome.
- Mentees can request for refunds only under the below conditions
- If the mentor fails to join a session the mentee is entitled for a refund of the original amount after deducting applicable transfer charges. Requests for refund should be made within 24 hours from the end time of the particular session.
- Failure of a mentee to attend a session will not result in a refund or adjustments of any kind.
- To qualify for a refund, the mentee should submit enough proof to justify the request. Proofs including a clear screenshot/a picture of the Zoom meeting session screen showing the mentor’s absence taken 5 min into the session.
- Refunds takes 5-10 business days to Process.
- Interruptions due to user’s internet connectivity issues, unsupported devices/applications, user’s inability to engage in conversations or any other factors contributing to an unsuccessful session from the user’s end does not result in any rescheduling. We do not reschedule mentorship sessions if you have decided to close or deactivate your GetSet account without completing them on their set dates.
- Any session interruptions or failure to connect due to browser incompatibility does not result in a refund.
- Oblige to all conditions mentioned under ‘Mentee’s Terms and Conditions’
- Attend the Mentor Sessions as and when agreed with the Mentor; and
You must not engage in the following unacceptable conduct when attending Mentor Sessions:
- Engage in conduct that risks the health and safety of the Mentor.
- Assault, harass, bully or threaten the Mentor
- Use abusive or offensive language; and/or
- Attend a Mentor Session when intoxicated or impacted by drugs.
WE ARE NOT CANADIAN IMMIGRATION EXPERTS!!!
We neither provide our users with any professional immigration advice nor we are certified immigration consultants, lawyers or agents.Our mentor verification and approval process will ensure that any mentor providing information relating to Canadian immigration is a certified professional in the field of immigration and consulting. GetSet Consulting Inc does not hold responsibility of users seeking generic immigration information from mentors who are not verified immigration professionals. You are advised to seek immigration legal advice by contacting a Canadian immigration lawyer or licensed immigration consultant.
Warranties and Liabilities
- We do not make any warranties or guarantees regarding the quality of advice or views of Mentors given during Mentor Sessions.
- We do not warrant guarantee or make any representation that the Website, Online Platform or the server that makes the site available on the World Wide Web are free of software viruses, free from errors, or that they will operate uninterrupted.
- We do not provide professional Immigration advice and we give no warranty, guarantee or representation about the accuracy, reliability or timeliness or otherwise, of the information contained on the Website or Online Platform.
- We do not warrant or make any representation as to the accuracy and are not liable for the content of, any links to third-party websites or resources. Links are provided for your convenience and interest only.
- If you ever believe that any Mentor has violated law or is defrauding, threatening or endangering anyone, GetSet Consulting Inc urges you to immediately contact the police or any associated law enforcement authorities for help.
- To the extent permitted by law, you release us from and we exclude all liability to you or any other person for, any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss), damages, costs (including legal costs) or expenses of any kind, arising from or in connection with:
- any act or omission of a Mentor
- your use and access of the Website or Online Platform;
- the conduct or provision of Mentor Sessions;
- any errors or inaccuracies on Mentor profiles, in respect of information provided to us by the Mentors;
- delays to, interruptions of or cessation of transmission to or from the Website or Online Platform.
- You understand and agree that provision of Mentoring Services may require use of a third-party website or service (each a “Third Party Service”). Your use of any Third-Party Service is voluntary. You shall be solely responsible for acquiring and maintaining all telecommunications and internet services and other hardware and software you may decide to use to provide the Mentoring Services, including, without limitation, any and all costs, fees, expenses, and taxes of any kind related to use of any Third Party Service. GetSet Consulting Inc shall not be responsible for any loss or corruption of data, lost communications, or any other loss or damage of any kind arising from any such Third-Party Service.
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any guarantees under the Canadian Consumer Law which apply and cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Otherwise, all terms, conditions, warranties and representations, express or implied by statute or otherwise are excluded.